USA sends demining equipment for Donbas
The equipment will increase security of pyrotechnicians
The USA handed over new equipment to the State Emergency Service of Ukraine to carry out humanitarian demining in Donbas.
“This equipment will considerably increase security of our pyrotechnicians and will make demining more efficient. As part of our mutual project we plan to conduct courses on humanitarian demining with experts and instructors from the United States”, - Head of State Emergency Service of Ukraine Mykola Chechiotkin stated.
The first stage of trainings for 20 pyrotechnicians will take place in Khmelnytskiy region on February 22 – March 11.
Coordinator of the project JoAnn Wagner stated that this project complements $266 million of the US Assistance to Ukraine that the US has contributed to security and defense sector in Ukraine since the crisis begin.
“The project involves humanitarian projects on demining, medical aid for Ukrainian military, as well as military trainings”, - Wagner said.
The equipment involves: 20 metal detectors, 20 safety sets for pyrotechnicians, 5 group demining sets, 20 individual demining sets for each pyrotechnician and 5 sets for marking territory.
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case