USA: Russia blocks expansion of OSCE mission on border with Ukraine
Russia-backed militants are covering up their activities in Donbas
Pro-Russian forces in Donbas violate ceasefire and hinder the work of OSCE monitors, it is said in the report of US mission to OSCE, informs Holos Ameryky (America’s Voice).
The report contains evidence of a drastic increase in cases of ceasefire violation. It also points out to permanent use of heavy weapons near the “line of contact” and new casualties among civilians and military.
It is also reported that Russia blocks expansion of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission on Ukraine-Russia border.
OSCE representative in Ukraine Alexander Hug claims militants hinder movement of the Mission, trying to conceal their activities.
“Movement of the Mission is hindered mostly in territories uncontrolled by the government. Over 90% of incidents happen on locations not controlled by Ukrainian authorities. These incidents are sometimes overly aggressive… This is an obvious restriction of our authority and a clear violation of Minsk deals. And there’s only one reason why those who limit our actions and hinder our patrol cars from moving forward – they don’t want us to see what is really going on there”, - said OSCE representative in Ukraine Alexander Hug.
UNIAN informs that OSCE plans to further expand its mandate in Ukraine, but position of the Russian Federation remains unchanged.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels