USA and Russia approach agreement on Donbas, - Stratfor
Sliding oil prices and weakening Russia over conflict in Syria will encourage negotiations on Donbas
USA and Russia are closer to reaching an agreement on the conflict in eastern Ukraine. It becomes obvious as diplomatic activity of both sides begins to rise, it is said in the report of American intelligence company Stratfor.
Ukrainian and Russian mass media report preparation of a “secret deal”, which will become a compromise in providing political and security measures demanded by Kyiv and Moscow to settle the situation in Donbas.
Although, there are many reasons to be skeptical about it. Kyiv officials claim they do not consider any compromises with Moscow until Minsk deals are implemented, which involves restoring control over Ukrainian border and withdrawing of Russian troops from Donbas. Moscow, in its turn, insists that Kyiv adopt amendments to the Constitution providing more autonomy to separatist-held territories.
Negotiations can be further encouraged by sliding oil prices and Russia’s involvement in Syrian conflict.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars