US State Department stated US will never recognize Russia's annexation of Crimea
In the Budapest Declaration Russia recognized Crimea as a part of Ukraine
US is going to firmly insist on compliance with the Minsk agreements and will never recognize Crimea's accession to Russia. This was stated by the coordinator of the US State Department on policy of sanctions Daniel Fried, writes the Latvian edition Delfi.
"Sometimes, the United States is accused of short-term thinking, but this is not always the case. We have never recognized the incorporation of the Baltic states into the Soviet Union, and that I am proud of. The United States are capable of incredibly long patience. I can confirm that the United States will never accept the annexation of Crimea.
In the Budapest Declaration Russia recognized Crimea as a part of Ukraine. I remember it, I was there along with President Clinton. In this case, we will be patient, "- said Fried.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars