U.S. not ready to leave Ukraine for closer cooperation with Russia, - expert
The Kremlin will pose any progress in negotiations on Syria as readiness of the U.S. authorities to side with Russians in local conflicts, - Cato Institute’s Senior Fellow Andrei Illarionov
‘Any slightest agreement with Americans about joint actions in Aleppo will be treated by Russia as if the United States were ready to act jointly with Russia in all other areas – especially in the conflict in eastern Ukraine. Of course, it’s wrong. There are certain individuals among the U.S. leaders – in the incumbent government, and perhaps, in the next one, – who’d like to put Ukraine aside and to stop caring about it. Nonetheless, at least in the near five or six months, the current U.S. administration will not be ready for breaking ties with Ukraine; they have been regularly and consistently assisting Ukraine for the last 2.5 years, especially given the Russian aggression’. Andrei Illarionov, former counselor of Russian president Vladimir Putin and currently Cato Institute’s Senior Fellow in Washington, said this in an interview with Radio Liberty.
Previously, Russian defense minister Sergei Shoigu claimed that Moscow and Washington are close to making a deal that would help solve the humanitarian crisis in Syria’s encircled and bombarded city of Aleppo.
Donald Trump, the Republican candidate for U.S. presidency, also surmised that the United States and Russia could join forces in struggling against global terrorism.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case