US in UN: Results of Crimean referendum will never be recognized
Samantha Power appealed to Ukrainians on the anniversary of Crimean occupation
Crimea will never be the Russian territory and the United States will continue to work together with the whole world and Ukraine to cause Moscow to respond for their aggression, violation of international law and the UN Charter. This was stated by US Ambassador to the UN Security Council, Samantha Power in her speech on the occasion of the second anniversary of the Russian occupation and annexation of Crimean peninsula.
She noted that the Ukrainians in Crimea are experiencing daily the consequences of "an act of aggression from Russia." According to her, the consequences of "this injustice" are experienced by people who are afraid to make a criticism of the occupants in the Crimea because of the mass repressions, when people take out late at night and they will not return. "The Crimean Tatars, who cannot live comfortably - many of them live in mortal fear, as long as Russia continues to occupy the Crimea", - said Samantha Power.
The US representative to the UN recalled how two years ago, the West was able to mobilize a broad coalition of more than a hundred countries that "clearly told Russia that this fake referendum, this attempt of annexation will never be recognized by the UN. "We will take it for what it is: a violation of international law, disregard of the UN Charter," - said US representative.
Watch the video:
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case