US called on all sides of Ukrainian conflict to solve problem with human rights violations
US Department of State reviewed UN report on torture in Donbas
The United States called on all sides of the conflict in Ukraine to solve the problem with serious human rights violations as referred in the report of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, reports the State Department spokesman Mark Toner at the briefing.
"We reviewed the report. We regret the fact that the conflict in Ukraine claimed the lives of already 9 thousand people, and more than 20 thousand were injured. We call on the so-called authorities of territories controlled by the separatists, to stop committing such human rights violations as murder, torture, ill-treatment of prisoners, illegal detention, use of forced labor, restrictions on freedom of movement and freedom of assembly, as well as the prohibition of expression of opinion " - Toner said.
He also called on Kyiv to draw conclusions from the report and punish those responsible for violations.
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Pentagon chief expresses need for nuclear weapons to deter Russia’s threat 27 September, 08:33
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars