US and Europe have plan in case Russia invades Ukraine
US State Department assures if war unfolds and Russia’s full-scale invasion begins, US and Europe have previously agreed plan
The United States and Europe have a plan in case Russia will begin a full-scale invasion to Ukraine. The coordinator of the US State Department on sanctions Daniel Fried stated this, Voice of America reports.
"If the war starts to unfold again, then we have the option of strengthening sanctions. We discussed this with Europe; we know what we will do in this case, in case of the full-scale invasion we have plan", Fried said.
According to the State Department, the US discussed this plan with Germany, France, Poland and the UK.
Fried said that if not for the sanctions, Russia would make attempts to regain control of the Donbas territories Ukraine won over in 2014.
Recall that "United States' Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs John Kirby said Russia’s increased military presence in occupied Crimea is unacceptable.
Sourse: Voice of America
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars