UN.org: UN convoys reach thousands affected by conflict in eastern Ukraine, but challenges persist for most vulnerable
United Nations refugee agency have reached non-Government controlled areas in Luhansk
For the first time in five months, convoys from the United Nations refugee agency have reached non-Government controlled areas in Luhansk, in the easternmost part of Ukraine, carrying much- needed construction materials, kitchen sets and items for use in winter for thousands of people affected by the conflict.
According to a spokesperson for the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the humanitarian assistance is of prime importance as a tense and volatile security situation, compounded by restrictions on freedom of movement, have added to the hardships faced by the affected populations, particularly the elderly and persons with disabilities.
“Two separate convoys of 25-trucks each travelled with support from WFP (the UN World Food Programme) and local partners to deliver supplies that will enable UNHCR to expand its shelter programme in the region,” William Spindler told journalists today at a regular press briefing in Geneva.
Read the full article here.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case