UNHCR calls on situation of IDP in Ukraine
Ukrainian government should find sustainable solutions for people who are unable to return to their homes
While crisis in Ukraine continues for the third year, the UN refugee agency stays concerned about internally displaced persons freedom of movement restrictions and also advocates humanitarian organizations unhindered access to the affected populations, people’s access to services and realization of their rights, reported UN refugee agency press service.
Organization welcomes the fact that this issue was raised during a Government hearing on the human rights situation of internally displaced persons which took place on February 18.
The agency notes that the procedure of registration and obtaining documents, particularly in areas beyond the control of the government, and existing legislative and procedural gaps could lead to an increase in the number of undocumented children and thus increasing the risk of statelessness in Ukraine.
The UN refugee agency said that is ready to support the Ukrainian authorities and the public in meeting the needs of IDPs and affected populations in need of protection and assistance.
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas