UN Secretary General calls for full implementation of Minsk agreements
Ban Ki-moon states need to bring peaceful resolution of Donbas conflict
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon stressed the need for full implementation of the Minsk agreements on behalf of Ukraine, RIA Novosti reports.
He stated this at a meeting with President of the European Council Donald Tusk and the First Vice President of the European Commission Frans Timmermans.
"The Secretary-General stressed the need to fully implement the Minsk agreements to ensure a peaceful resolution of the conflict in the east of Ukraine", said the UN Spokesman.
Recall Ukraine has to end to the shelling, exchange prisoners, provide the legislative consolidation of the special status of Donbas and the elections in the occupied territories, as well as give the amnesty for militants under the Minsk Agreements.
Earlier German Chancellor Angela Merkel called on the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko to fulfill the political commitments on the implementation of Minsk agreements.
Source: RIA Novosti
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case