UN reports on victims-to-be in Donbas due to unexploded ordnance
UN announced the main threat to civilians after the armistice in Eastern Ukraine
United Nations report that nine people were killed, 34 were injured in Eastern Ukraine in September 2015, which is twice less than in the period from February 16 to August 15. This is stated in the report of the UN Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
It is noted that after the ceasefire start in Donbas on September 1, the number of civilian casualties was curtailed drastically.
The report states that the main threat to the civilian population shifted from direct violence to explosive remnants of war and improvised landmines and similar devices.
According to UN, in September, 81% of civilian casualties were caused by mine explosions.
Earlier, the UN resumed humanitarian operations in the territories beyond the control of the government in the Luhansk region, three months after its suspension.
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
UN Security Council votes against Russia resolution on Aleppo 9 October, 13:09
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain