UN Committee Against Torture experts to visit Ukraine
CAT consists of 10 independent experts that monitor implementation of Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment by its State parties
Experts from the United Nations' Committee Against Torture (CAT) will visit Ukraine on September 5-9. The UN press service reports this.
The committee experts have the right for unannounced visits to places of detention, including prisons, police stations and psychiatric hospitals. They work closely with the government and support the independent national authorities, working in the field of torture prevention.
"The members of the CAT on Prevention of Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment will visit Ukraine on September 5-9, and Kazakhstan on September 20-29", reads the message.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain