UN: 2.7 million people live on occupied territories of Donbas
Over 800 thousand people in Ukraine were forced to leave their homes due to Donbas conflict
Around 3 million people are still located in occupied territories of Donbas according to the UN report on human rights in Ukraine.
“Around 3 million people live in conflict area in Donbas (2.7 million – in territories held by militants, 200.000 – near the line of contact)”, - it is said in the report, informs Interfax-Ukraine.
The report also mentions that there are around 1.6 million internally displaced persons in Ukraine, who were forced to leave their homes due to Donbas conflict. Over 800.000 IDPs currently live in territories controlled by Ukraine.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case