UN: 1,5 million Ukrainians threatened by hunger
1,5 million people in Donbas are threatened by hunger, 300,000 of them require immediate assistance
Two years of military conflict in eastern Ukraine have resulted in the tragedy of 1,5 million Ukrainians being threatened by hunger. 300,000 of them require immediate assistance, informed representatives of World Food Organization, reports UN news center.
The Organization intends to provide monthly assistance to 270,000 people among the most vulnerable categories of the population. “We urge both sides of the conflict to provide full access of humanitarian aid to people, who are in need of food products”, - representative of the UN World Food Organization in Ukraine Giancarlo Stopponi stated.
According to the World Food Organization, people living in cities and villages along the frontline in Luhansk region suffer the most from lack of food. Starting November 2014, the World Food Organization has been providing 370,000 people in eastern Ukraine with food packages on monthly basis and 180,000 – with vouchers to buy food in markets.
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars