Ukrainian soldiers defeat three attacks of militants in Donbas region, - ATO HQ
61 attacks reported
According to anti-terrorist operation press service, there were 61 attacks in Eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours. Ukrainian Army's positions were attacked 29 times in Mariupol region, 27 times in Donetsk region and 5 times in Luhansk region.
Russia-backed militants opened fire from 122 mm artillery system and 120 mm mortar near Talakivka, Vodyane and Krasnogorivka in breach of Minsk Agreements.
Ukrainian Forces attacked the mercenaries that twice tried to swamp the Ukrainian defense positions. The enemy engaged fire from 82 mm mortar, infantry fighting vehicles, automatic grenade launchers and heavy machine guns in Priazovia.
The Russia-backed gunmen fired from the 122 mm self-propelled mounts, 120 and 82 mm mortar, automatic grenade launchers and small arms in Avdiivka, Donetsk region. The raiding unit tried to invade in the Ukrainian Army's positions in Avdiivka at about 5:10 p.m. Ukraine's officers attacked the militants and forced them to move back.
The enemy opened fire from 120 mm mortar in Troyitske, 82 mm mortar in Opytne and Nevelske, and from automatic grenade launchers in Novgorodske and Luhanske.
The shelling was detected in Novotoshkivske, Zolote, Novozvanivka, Novoalexandrivka and Lopaskyne, Luhansk region.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
40 attacks reported in Eastern Ukraine, - ATO HQ 6 October, 10:30
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars