Ukrainian soldier killed and two wounded in Luhansk region
First time since last 15 month no clashed at Donetsk airport occured
A group of militants crossed the Siversky Donets river and arrived at government-controlled territory between Syze and Novokyivka, Luhansk region. The militants tried to move forward, but Ukrainian troops forced them to retreat, states the ATO press center. During the clash one Ukrainian soldier was killed, and another two were wounded. On other fronts ATO forces suffered no human losses.
In the Donetsk region, Volnovakha, one civilian got wounded; the woman is hospitalized with the shrapnel wounds, according to the Donetsk regional administration.
The first time since May 26, 2014, there were no hostilities at Donetsk airport, stated ATO spokesperson Olexandr Motuzianyk.
One armed provocation took place near Maiorsk, Donetsk region. During 20 minutes militants fired from small arms. One more mortar attack took place in Mariinka, Donetsk region. Border guards have witnessed two hostile drones flying over Novoaydar, Luhansk region.
Meanwhile, the Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine and mediation the Donetsk situation started negotiations in Minsk. It is expected the document on the withdrawal of weapons with caliber smaller than 100mm, to be signed today.
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars