Ukrainian side received dead bodies of Ukrainian soldiers in Shchastya
The operation has not been without provocations
The bodies of Ukrainian military who died in the fighting on Svitlodarsk bulge on December 18 were received in Shchastya. This was reported by the coordinator of the search project "Evacuation 200" in the commentary to "112 Ukraine" TV channel.
In particular, the Ukrainian side has received the bodies of two soldiers and handed over two bodies to the militants also.
In the afternoon, the bodies will be taken to the forensic medical examination bureau in the city of the Dnipro, and tomorrow experts will carry out the relevant examination. After that, the dead bodies will be handed over to the relatives for burial.
However, during the negotiations provocation by militants occurred.
"Militants have one missing person, and they believed that it is between two confrontation lines. Yesterday there was an agreement, and our search group worked in the forest line between the confrontation lines, but after nearly an hour of searching somebody opened fire from the opposite side. And then we were leaving the area in the forest line. However, we did not find the body in the area which we examined. There were four of us," coordinator said.
According to him, the inconvenience may be related to the fact that other people were involved from the militants’ side in negotiations this time.
Two officers wounded in Donbas, - ATO HQ 18 January, 23:59
Russia-backed militants fire 38 times, three officers wounded, - ATO HQ 12 January, 23:58
Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk 16 January, 15:56
- POLITICS13:36Britain to continue supporting Ukraine
- SOCIETY13:14Security Service detain drug smugglers in Mykolaiv
- POLITICS12:41Trump inauguration: Protesters clash with police in Washington
- SOCIETY12:34Ukrainians commemorate defenders of Donetsk airport
- POLITICS12:16Batkishchyna wants evidence of Savchenko’s treason from SBU
- POLITICS11:56Trump's inauguration: online broadcast
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany