Ukrainian intelligence: enemy howitzers spotted in Donetsk region
Hostile activity tends to increase in the combat area
Since early hours of March 31, pro-Russia militants have attacked emplacements of Ukrainian troops 37 times. According to ATO Press Centre’s Facebook page, the Russia-backed mercenaries constantly step up their activity, shelling Ukrainian positions from heavy weaponry.
Zaitsevo and Mayorsk remain the hottest spot in the entire combat zone. They used 152 and 122 mm artillery, 120 and 82 mm mortars, all of which are banned by Minsk agreements. About 300 mines and shells were fired in this area over the day.
“A lot of mines hit Vodyane and Talakivka in Donetsk region. The enemy targeted residential quarters in Avdiivka, destroying houses and vehicles. By doing so, militants expect to provoke a riot of the locals directed against the Ukrainian troops”, the Press Centre reported.
According to Ukrainian military intelligence, enemy 152 mm howitzers were spotted between Makiivka and Yasynuvata, Donetsk region. The cannons are located about eight kilometers from the division line, which is rude violation of Minsk agreements.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain