Ukraine’s military intelligence: Russia’s air defense missile battalion moves to Donbas
That could increase aircraft piracy in the region, pose serious threat for air vessels, the authority says
‘As the 60th Detached Motorized Rifle Brigade of Russia’s Armed Forces moves to Ukraine, its air defense missile battalion is providing cover for the rest of the brigade. The brigade is stationed in Russia’s Primorskiy territory and belongs to the 5th Army of Russia’s Eastern military district’, said Vadym Skibitsky, Spokesman of the Chief Intelligence Department of Ukraine’s Defense Ministry.
The specified air defense missile battalion consists of 168 servicemen and 21 armored vehicles. The manpower consists mainly of professional officers and servicemen.
The Ukrainian side assists this move as an increase of threat for aerial objects, including the civilian aircraft, especially keeping in mind the previous terrorist act committed by Russia, ‘which led to the tragedy of MH17, the flight of Boeing 777 of Malaysian airlines’.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars