Ukraine’s military intelligence identifies Russian officers in Donbas
They serve with the 5th Detached Motorized Rifle Regiment of the 1st Army Corps
Ukraine’s Defence Ministry reported that officers of the secified unit of the regular Russian army are directly involved in military training, planning and performing military actions in the combat area, specifically in Donetsk region. These actions are directed at breach of Minsk agreements, destruction of civilian infrastructure of Donbas and civilian casualties, the Ukrainian authority says.
The Russian unit is stationed in the town of Makiivka, in the occupied area of Donetsk region.
In total, 50 Russian army officers were identified; all of them serve with the 5th Detached Motorized Rifle Regiment of the 1st Army Corps (Russia’s Southern military district).
The military intelligence found out several episodes where the unit was involved in attacks on Ukrainian positions and residential quarters that took place last month – in Novotroitske, Novohnativka and Taramchuk (all in Donetsk region). "
Source: Ukraine's military intelligence
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars