Ukraine’s military intelligence: Commanders of Russian troops in Donbas conceal information on combat injuries
Gunshot and shrapnel wounds are officially recorded as ‘civilian traumas’
The military command of Russia’s 1 Army Corps stationed in Donetsk is trying to conceal the data about actual combat injuries. The Chief Intelligence Department of Ukraine’s Defense Ministry reported this on Monday.
The wounds suffered in combat are put on the record as ‘home accidents’.
The intelligence added that such decision was made due to significant losses of manpower. That, in turn, leads to growing numbers of fugitives and those willing to serve as conscripts. On July 31, five Russian troops from the 9th Marines Detached Assault Motorized Regiment turned to the Russian military prosecutor’s office; they suffered injuries while executing orders of their command in the Mariupol sector in Donetsk region. The Ukrainian side noted that the information about their injuries was omitted as the respective reports were delivered to the General Staff. Due to that, the servicemen didn’t receive any insurance payments, which are foreseen by the law under such conditions.
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas