Ukraine's Foreign Ministry claims worsening situation in Donbas region
Ministry is deeply concerned about dramatic worsening of security situation in Eastern Ukraine
Foreign Ministry said this in the statement released by the press service of the department, Unian reports.
"The Russia-backed militants fired at the positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine 189 times only on July 22-24, 2016. At the same time they continue to defiantly and provocatively use weapons, which are breached by the Minsk agreements", reads the statement.
In particular, it is emphasized that the positions of the Ukrainian military and civilian infrastructure, including homes were attacked from 122 mm artillery systems 89 times, from 120 mm mortars 30 times, and 50 times from 82 mm mortars. Six clashes took place in Novozvanivka, Trudovske and Avdiivka, resulting in losses among the personnel of the Ukrainian forces.
They continue to record the presence of a significant number of Russian heavy weapons, which must not be used in accordance with the Minsk Agreements.
"The targeted escalation of the security situation occurs on the background of the massive deliveries of the military equipment, weapons and ammunition from the Russian Federation to Donbas region, including the new mercenaries and professional soldiers of the Russian army", Foreign Ministry said in the statement.
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas