Ukraine takes back the tanks from the contact line: video from Luhansk
Today is the first day of a 41-day operation of weapons withdrawal in eastern Ukraine
Videos of tanks withdrawal and artillery caliber smaller than 100 mm in sector "A" were released by the ATO press office in Lugansk region.
The video shows a tank unit march of the 24th single mechanized brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from one of the front-line cities.
"At first tank groups and platoons formed tank company, then a military convoy made a march over the rough terrain. There was a floating bridge that was crossed from the east," according to the message.
5 October a 41-day operation of weapons removal has been launched. Tanks T-64 and T-72, antitank gun D-48 and D-44, 85 mm mortars and 2B-82 of 9-millimeter caliber are to be pulled back from the contact line of the eastern Ukraine. The arms withdrawal will be launched in turn: first the sector "A", and then the other sectors (from east to west). 14 days are given for the removal of certain armament and armored vehicles from sector "A".
The agreement on withdrawal of armament less than 100 mm caliber from the contact line in Donbas came into force October 3, the president of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko announced after the meeting in the "Norman format" in Paris on Friday, October 2.
Earlier, on September 29, Trilateral contact group in Minsk signed an agreement on withdrawal of small-caliber weapons from the contact line with Russia-backed militants in Donbas.
Watch the video
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case