Ukraine takes back 82 mm mortars from the contact line in Donbas
As the ceasefire had not been violated in Luhansk region, the third wave of weapons withdrawal was launched here
“From 7 AM September 14 to 7 AM October 15, the ceasefire regime was strictly followed in Popasna district, Luhansk region. No single fact of violation of the armistice was observed here,” states ATO spokesperson Ruslan Tkachuk.
“Today, according to the plan, the third stage of weapons removal has been launched in Luhansk. Within additions to Minsk protocol, Ukrainian military take back 82 mm mortars at a distance of at least 15 km from the boundary line. This phase will last for three days under constant observation of the OSCE monitors,” notes Tkachuk.
He also added that the level of dissatisfaction among locals in self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic grows, as there are serious problems with centralized water supply. The village of Sofiyivka and Bayrachky do not have central water supply at all, Perevalsk, Artemivsk, Zorynsk, Yashchykove have only partial supply. Lowering of the temperature threats with freezing the pipeline system and total humanitarian collapse.
ATO spokesman also mentioned Ukrainian authorities are working on gas-supply systems and court gas pipelines restoration.
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case