Ukraine requests UN Security Council to send peacekeepers to Donbas
Ukraine insists that UN mission in Donbas can become a step towards settling the conflict
Ukraine urges the United Nations to send a peacekeeping mission to Donbas, since there is a possibility of a violation spike initiated by pro-Russian terrorists, informed Permanent Representative of Ukraine in the UN Volodymyr Yelchenko, reports Holos Ameryky.
“Ukraine is deeply concerned with the fact that Russia is increasing military capacity in occupied Crimea. More than 23.000 Russian soldiers are currently located in Crimea, hundreds of military tanks, planes and helicopters, armor and artillery. Ukraine is particularly concerned that the Russian Federation is drawing nuclear weapons to Crimea”, - Yelchenko said.
Thus, claimed Yelchenko, occupation and militarization of Crimea “may have far-reaching consequences” for security not only for the Black Sea region, but also for the entire Southern Europe, Northern Africa and Middle East. “Events in Syria prove this”, - he added.
“In order to guarantee peace and stability in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, it is necessary to locate OSCE peacekeeping operation in Ukraine. This would ensure settlement of this military conflict initiated by the Russian Federation on the territory of our country”, - Yelchenko stated.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars