Ukraine negotiates to place armed OSCE police mission in Donbas
Mission will provide security for the elections on the basis of Ukrainian legislation
Ukraine conducts active negotiations with international partners regarding the placement of the armed OSCE police mission in Donbas, - declared Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko during the Washington press conference in US.
"One of the most probable and acceptable solution to this problem is an international component of security - the police armed OSCE mission. To do this we definitely need the OSCE decision, and we are now effectively holding the negotiations with our partners in order to ensure this safety component" - said Poroshenko.
He stressed that Ukraine insists on the full implementation of the Minsk agreements. "It is the firm position of Ukraine that, for the implementation of the Minsk agreements in full we should provide a security component. This safety component includes the fact that we must ensure the ceasefire, effective removal of the arms, monitoring regime and to ensure effective control of the uncontrolled part of the Ukrainian-Russian border, "- said the president.
Poroshenko also noted that the police mission will be able to to provide security in the region for holding the elections in the Donbas on the basis of Ukrainian legislation.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars