Ukraine may conduct a suit against Yanukovych without ICC in Hague
Ukraine may officially bring charges against Yanukovych after adopting amendments to the law on absent investigations
Ukraine is able to conduct a law suit against ex-president Victor Yanukovych not involving International Criminal Court in Hague. However this requires amending Ukrainian legislation in part of absent investigations of organized criminal groups. Yuriy Lutsenko reported this via Skype from Hague on air of one of the Ukrainian TV channels, reported by Ukrinform.
“Are we ready to bring not only allegations, but also charges against Yanukovych here, in Ukraine, without ICC? The answer is positive. Yes. We are ready. There’s only one step left to make together with the Ukrainian parliament – to adopt the special article in the Criminal Procedure Code on absent investigations of organized criminal groups,” – said Lutsenko.
The Prosecutor General noted that such an article doesn’t exist yet, but it is much needed.
“As soon as it is adopted – literally within a month – this will give the possibility to start considering the case and then pass the case to the court – the case against Yanukovych, suspected in huge economic fraud and other crimes,” – stressed Lutsenko.
Earlier it was reported that Rostov court expressed the readiness to organize Yanukovych’s interrogation. Svyatoshyn Court received notice of the possibility of questioning.
London continues hearings on Yanukovych debt 19 January, 20:01
EU diplomats ready to extend sanctions against Yanukovych 19 January, 21:26
Interpol to consider resumption of international search of Yanukovych 19 January, 15:14
Trial on Ex-Berkut officers postponed to January 24 19 January, 16:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21Militants threaten to stop coal supplies
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:39Donbas conflict: Militants repeatedly shell Krymske from 120 mm mortars
- POLITICS08:00Inauguration day today
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 120 mm mines hit Krymske in Luhansk region
- SOCIETY22:48MP Nayem gets into road accident near building of 112 Ukraine TV channel
- UA & EU21:26EU diplomats ready to extend sanctions against Yanukovych
- UA & EU20:47WEF in Davos: Poroshenko meets with Rutte
- POLITICS20:01London continues hearings on Yanukovych debt
- SOCIETY19:17112 Ukraine TV channel ranked 7th among domestic TV channels in Kyiv, - survey
- POLITICS18:38North Korea to test 2 ballistic missiles in near future
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany