Ukraine, Germany and France discussed security situation in Donbas
The partners agreed to intensify their diplomatic efforts to implement the Minsk agreements
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President adviser agreed to intensify diplomatic efforts to implement the Minsk agreements in terms of security during a telephone conversation, reports the presidential press service.
"We agreed to ramp up diplomatic efforts within the framework of the Trilateral Contact Group and the Normandy format to implement the Minsk agreements in terms of security," - reads the statement.
In addition, the President thanked the German and the French sides for the moral position regarding the implementation of the sanctions pressure on Russia to help in restoration of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine.
Poroshenko stressed the importance of releasing all hostages, including those who are illegally held in the territory of Russia.
As it was reported earlier, a ceasefire declared in the east of Ukraine since September 1 in accordance with the decision of the Tripartite Contact Group. The number and intensity of attacks in the zone of ATO dropped significantly, but yet they did not stop completely.
Thus, the speaker of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine on ATO Andrei Lysenko said the militants a have "adhered the ceasefire not a single day."
As it was reported earlier, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko expressed concern of the violation of the ceasefire state in the Donbas region by Russia-backed militants.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars