Ukraine gathered $455 mln to restore infrastructure in Donbas
American and European partners are to give a sum bigger by 4-5 times, the President of Ukraine stated
Currently Ukraine has gathered more than $455 mln for renovation of infrastructure in its eastern regions, destroyed by the armed conflict, as was stated by President Poroshenko.
“Our American and European partners will give a sum, which is 4-5 times bigger [than a sum Ukraine allocated -ed.],” he added.
Donetsk region also initiates $77 mln transfer from the budget of Donetsk, Makiivka, Yenakiyevo for restoring the infrastructure in eastern part of the country. The losses from the hostilities amounted to $77.5 mln, as was estimated by the European Commission.
As was reported before, German Chancellor Angela Merkel suggested that the country is ready to allocate €500 mln, which could be immediately directed at restoration of Donbas infrastructure. Ukrainian Ministry of Infrastructure has spent €50 mln, which came as a loan from German parliament, for restoration of Donbas.
In April 2015 the Government of Germany and Ukraine signed a Memorandum of Understanding and the provision of misuse of credit in the amount of €500 mln. The funds are to be spent on restoration and modernization of eastern Ukraine, including constructing the new objects.
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain