Ukraine expects OSCE SMM to make practical steps to de-escalate Donbas conflict
Chief of the General Staff Viktor Muzhenko informs OSCE SMM chairman Ertuğrul Apakan of 5 dead and 75 injured in Eastern Ukraine in June
Ukraine expects the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to conduct practical steps to reduce the level of tension in the Donbas region and to control the implementation of the Minsk Peace Deals. Chief of the General Staff Viktor Muzhenko said this after the meeting with head of the OSCE SMM in Ukraine Ertuğrul Apakan, liga.net reports.
"We are very concerned about this increase in the intensity of violations of the Minsk Peace Deals by the Russia-backed militants, Muzhenko featured. According to him, the Armed Forces of Ukraine clearly adhere to their commitments.
Apakan thanked for the support that Ukraine’s government and defense establishment provide to the OSCE.
"Thank you for the opportunity to work this effectively and efficiently”, he stressed and added that he considers the main task of the OSCE SMM is the full and sustainable ceasefire in the Eastern Ukraine.
In addition, Apakan praised the efforts of the Ukrainian side to resolve the situation, in particular, proposals for the breeding of the parties and improving the effectiveness of the Joint center for control and coordination of the ceasefire and stabilizing the line dividing the sides.
OSCE: SMM observers are limited in movement in Donbas 29 September, 09:47
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars