UEFA.com: Portugal’s Renato Sanches becomes SOCAR Young Player of Euro 2016
The midfielder turned out to be the third-youngest player to register in a Euro finals fixture
Portugal midfielder Renato Sanches has been named as SOCAR Young Player of the Tournament at UEFA EURO 2016. The award winner – open to all players born on or after 1 January 1994 – was chosen by the UEFA technical observers (UEFA.com).
According to UEFA.com, the accolade caps a sensational breakthrough season for the teenager, whose performances as a substitute in three of Fernando Santos' side's first four matches in France earned him his maiden international start for the quarter-final against Poland.
Sanches scored his first goal for his country that night in Marseille, making him the third-youngest player to register in a EURO finals fixture. He went on to both star in the last-four victory over Wales and, against France in Saint-Denis on Sunday, become the competition's youngest-ever finalist at 18 years and 328 days and its youngest winner – Portugal prevailing 1-0 to claim their first major title.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case