Two Ukrainian soldiers wounded, one of them got blown up by a landmine
ATO press center refuted information on the victims near Debaltsevo, Donetsk region
ATO press center refuted the statement of the journalist from the ground, who said that as a result of militants’ attack against the government-controlled Myronivsky checkpoint near Debaltsevo, Donetsk region, two Ukrainian soldiers were killed, two kidnapped, and one more seriously wounded.
Andriy Lysenko stated that two Ukrainian soldiers were wounded during the last day. As was reported this morning, one of them got blown up by a landmine near Krymske, Luhansk region. Militants plant the landmines near the approaches to the areas controlled by Ukraine. Locals, who follow the dirt roads or fields, often become victims of the explosive devices detonation. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs statement, 22 civilians, including 4 children, 7 women and 11 men were killed as a result of a landmine explosion. 62 people got injured, including 5 children, 24 women and 33 men.
Krymske village was the only hotspot of Luhansk region today. Several armed provocations took place here. ATO spokesman Andriy Lysenko stated that hostile snipers fired Ukrainian positions here.
As for Donetsk region, three attacks were carried out against government troops near Rozsadky and Luhanske. “Trying to take advantage of the landscape, the militants come close enough to our fortifications and go back after shooting short-term,” says Lysenko. In Mariinka militants shelled with small arms and grenade launchers Ukrainian troops. ATO soldiers near Hnutove and Chemarlyk also faced mortar fire.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars