Turchynov: Ukraine needs strike drones
Antonov State Enterprise should start producing such UAVs, the National Security and Defense secretary says
Ukraine needs unmanned aerial vehicles that can carry air-to-ground missiles, said Oleksandr Turchynov, the Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine.
According to him, the country needs to manufacture the drones that will be able to locate the threat on a far distance, as Ukraine needs to defend its territories, developing the unmanned combat and intelligence air vehicles of domestic production.
"We have already started serial production of the tactical UAVs that provide air reconnaissance and fire adjustment. But we still need to produce strike drones", Turchynov explained.
He added that some of the UAVs have been already tested in the field, and the best of them will be upgraded and taken to the assembly line.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars