Trilateral group on Donbas conflict mediation might hold urgent meeting
The sides must discuss the appropriate reaction on yesterdays' truce violation, performed by Russian-backed militants
ATO press center states that Trilateral Contact Group on stabilization situation in eastern Ukraine is negotiating about holding an extraordinary meeting after yesterdays’ ceasefire violation.
At 12.25 am near Troitske, Luhansk region, the militants carried out an attack against Ukrainian positions using antitank guided missile. As a result, four Ukrainian wounded. The fact of attack was recorded by the OSCE observers and the Joint Center for control and coordination of ceasefire and stabilization of the boundary.
Recalling, September 29, Trilateral contact group in Minsk signed the agreement on withdrawal of small-caliber weapons from the contact line with Russia-backed militants in Donbas. October 5, a 41-day operation of weapons removal has been launched. Tanks T-64 and T-72, antitank gun D-48 and D-44, 85 mm mortars and 2B-82 of 9-millimeter caliber are to be pulled back from the contact line of the eastern Ukraine. The arms withdrawal will be launched in turn: first the sector "A" (Luhansk region), and then the other sectors (from east to west).
Yesterday the U.S. adopted a bill on weapons supply to Ukraine for defending against actions by Russia and Russian-backed separatists that violate the ceasefire agreements.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case