Trilateral Group in Minsk stated the need to intensify the exchange of hostages
The Ukrainian side states that the negotiators do not see any progress in this issue
Trilateral Contact Group in Minsk drew attention to the revitalization process of the exchange of hostages, reported Daria Olifer, spokeswoman of Leonid Kuchma, ex-President and Ukrainian representative to the Minsk negotiations, on her Facebook page.
"We draw attention to the need to intensify the exchange of illegally detained persons, currently there is no progress on this issue", stated Olifer.
Also she noted that systematic shelling of positions of the Ukrainian armed forces by militants interferes to effective work of subgroups on economic, humanitarian, and political issues.
At the today's meeting of the Tripartite Group, Ukraine required the full and strict implementation of paragraph №1 of Minsk Agreement - cessation of fire.
For the moment, there are 142 Ukrainians in captivity of the militants. On November 15, two employees of Ukrainian emergency services were released.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars