Trilateral contact group on Donbas agreed on another ceasefire
Ceasefire will come into force on April 30 at midnight
Trilateral contact group in Minsk agreed on ceasefire starting April 30 at midnight, informed OSCE special representative in the contact group Martin Sajdik, reports “Interfax-Ukraina”.
“Trilateral contact group and representatives of separate territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine welcome the decision of all members of Minsk negotiation to implement complete ceasefire during Easter holidays, which comes into force on April 30, 2016 at midnight”, - it is said in the report.
Members of the Contact group agreed that the direction on ceasefire will be conveyed to all responsible persons. It has also been agreed to take all necessary measures to ensure security of observers of OSCE Special Monitoring Mission.
Earlier today, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko stated that Ukraine is ready to guarantee ceasefire in Donbas if militants stop shelling Ukrainian positions at least during Easter. Poroshenko emphasized, that he expects support of his position on part of Western partners.
OSCE encouraged sides of Donbas conflict to immediately implement complete ceasefire, since the situation in ATO area is deteriorating.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas