Trilateral Contact Group insists on total ceasefire in Donbas from September 1
It remains unclear whether this statement is supported by real intention of sides
The Trilateral Contact Group in Minsk expressed the need for permanent ceasefire in the Donbas region on September 1, nv.ua reports.
According to the OSCE Special Representative Martin Sajdik, the sides expressed the need for permanent ceasefire in connection with the start of the new school year.
"The Working Group on Security discussed the issue of the ceasefire. I would like to make the following statement in this regard. Trilateral contact group with the participation of the Luhansk and Donetsk regions’ representatives expressed the need for permanent ceasefire in connection with the start of the new school year, starting at midnight on August 31. Personally I call on all parties to express their support of the statement at the highest level", he said.
Sajdik noted that it is indeed a joint initiative of all the constituents of the contact group and drew particular attention to the word "unlimited" regarding the ceasefire.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case