Tower with OSCE camera allows pro-Russian militants track movement of ATO forces
According to Minsk deals the cameras detect movement of military forces, only of Ukrainian side
OSCE tower camera in Shyrokino, meant to detect violations of Minsk deals, helps militants detect movement of Ukrainian soldiers, informs Andriy Tsaplienko, journalist, on his Facebook.
“Our forces are completely open – it can even detect faces. But the camera cannot see militants’ tanks and mortars. It cannot reach them – they are 3,5 thousand meters away”, - he said.
The journalist believes that this information is not classified, since the video signal is received in Kyiv, Mariupol and Donetsk.
“This is where the “supervisor” of this reality show is located. When the Head of the mission, on the day when the rig was set up, was asked whether he could guarantee that militants wouldn’t have to the opportunity to get hold of the video from the camera, the answer was negative”, - reminded Tsaplienko.
The journalist mentioned that during the first shelling of Ukrainian positions by militants, which lasted 2 hours, the camera was off.
“Why does the opposite side has no such camera?”, - OSCE soldiers are wondering. The answer is as follows: “DPR doesn’t allow setting it up. The observation continues”, - he summed up.
Earlier UNIAN informed that modern cameras were set up in Shyrokino, which will enable observation of a territory within a radius of 2,4 kilometers.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case