Tough security measures in Poland due to NATO Summit
Many roads are blocked, and sport stadium hosting the event is sealed off
Warsaw hosts the NATO Summit, slated for July 8-9. The law enforcers took high security measures, blocking roadways and the Narodowy football stadium, where the event will be taking place.
The Polish government spent some 40 million Euros on preparations for the summit, 112 Ukraine TV channel reports.
The event will kick off today at 15.30 (Kyiv time).
Ukкaine’s President Petro Portoshenko will attend the summit and meet with top NATO officials. The Ukrainian leader previously said these negotiations will be the first steps to de-occupy Crimea and Donbas.
Participants in the NATO Warsaw Summit will focus on the Alliance’s further steps to deter Russian aggression in Eastern Europe, which began in March 2014 as the Russian troops occupied Crimea.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels