Today is the 2nd anniversary since the beginning of Crimea occupation
On this day 2 years ago Russian troops invaded the territory of Ukrainian peninsula
Today, February 20, is the second anniversary since the beginning of Crimea occupation.
Supreme Council of Ukraine has officially announced the day February 20, 2014 as the beginning of Crimea and Sevastopol temporary occupation by Russian Federation. October 7, 2015 President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko has signed the law on the Crimea occupation.
On this day 2 years ago Russian troops invaded Ukrainian peninsula and launched an operation to block the Ukrainian military located in Crimea.
Earlier we reported about 10 Russian aircrafts IL-76 landed in Crimea with ammunition and military equipment
The so-called Crimean "referendum" took place on March 16. The occupation authorities declared that almost 100% of people participated in it have voted for Ukrainian Crimea to join Russia.
On March 18, Russian President Vladimir Putin and illegitimate Crimean authorities’ representatives signed in Kremlin an agreement on the adoption of the so-called "Republic of Crimea" to Russian Federation.
International organizations recognized the annexation of Crimea illegal and denounced Russia's actions. Western countries have introduced a series of economic sanctions against Russia. Russia denied the occupation of the peninsula and called it "the restoration of historical justice."
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain