The situation in Donbas worsened again, - ATO Press Centre
35 attacks were reported last night
Pro-Russian militants stepped up activity in the combat zone in eastern Ukraine. They attacked positions of government troops 35 times on Monday, ATO Press Centre reported on Facebook.
Not far from Svitlodarsk, Donetsk region, a brief firefight took place; the enemy used large-caliber machineguns, and sniper attacks were reported.
Ukrainian emplacements in Pisky, Opytne, Avdiivka, Verkhnyotoretske were fired at from small arms, grenade launchers and large-caliber machineguns. Near Maryinka, pro-Kremlin mercenaries used RPGs, and another sniper attack took place near Krasnohorivka.
Previously, militants attacked Vodyane in Donetsk region with the use of 120 mm mortars that are banned by Minsk agreements. Another attack from these mortars occurred near Krymske in Luhansk region.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels