Terrorist act in Svatove, Luhansk region: 1705 houses damaged
$177 thousand will be allocated from the local budget to compensate the losses
The authorities of Svatove have compiled a register of persons whose households were affected by the terrorist act, which toor place October 29. The registry included 1,705 households (1,038 apartments and 667 private houses), as reported by the press office of the Luhansk regional administration.
The local authorities plan to allocate $177 thousand for local resident as a compensation for a disaster.
October 29, a fire broke warehouses with military weapons in Svatove, Luhansk region. More than 3500 tonnes of ammunition were placed in the warehouses. Numerous chaotic explosions hamper the elimination of fire. As a result of explosions at ammunition depot, 2 people died, 54 got injured, Luhansk civil-military administration stated. For emergency relief operation 200 rescuers and 70 vehicles were involved into fighting against the fire.
200 people were evacuated and another 500 left the town themselves. 898 rescuers and 169 vehicles had been involved for working to fix the situation. Those who culd not leave the territorywere placed into bomb shelters.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars