Terrorist act in Krymske, Luhansk region: one Ukrainian soldier injured
Ten attacks against Ukrainian positions were carried out during the last day
Luhansk police department informs that this morning Russian-backed militants shelled government troops near Krymske, Luhansk region, and one Ukrainian soldier was wounded. It was qualified as a terrorist act. Other spots of unrest in the region were Shchastia, Sokilnyky, Donetskyi.
The situation in ATO area remains stable, states the ATO press center. The militants do not carry out systematic attacks, as they used to do it in the previous months; in general, they respect the ceasefire. However, some armed provocations along the boundary line still take place, especially, from 6 pm till midnight. The militants fired with small arms Ukrainian positions near Mariinka, Donetsk region. ATO forces in Krasnohorivka, Donetsk region, were shelled with a heavy machine gun. The total amount of the attacks carried out during the last 24 hours reached 10 times.
ATO spokesperson Yaroslav Chepurnyi stated that militants withdraw their heavy weapons and personnel from the territories near Mariupol, Donetsk region. OSCE representatives and foreign journalists observe the situation on the frontline.
The militants announced their plans to stop shelling ATO positions from September 1. They have significantly decreased the number of attacks, but the human casualties still take place in Donbas.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars