Switzerland has sent a humanitarian aid to eastern Ukraine
The cost of the 505 tonnes of shipment is about $1 mln
Humanitarian Aid Department of the Swiss Government sent another shipment of medicines and reagents for water, totaling 505 tonnes worth about $1 mln. 31 trucks delivered goods in Krasnoarmiysk, Donetsk and Mariupol for the people from both sides of the boundary line, as reported by the press office of the Ukrainian Ministry of Regional Development.
Switzerland has already deliveren the humanitarian missions to Donbas during May and June 2015. 740 tons of chemicals for water purification and medical supplies to five hospitals of Krasnoarmiysk and Donetsk. Thanks to this assistance, several hundred patients with cancer obtained the chemotherapy treatment in Donetsk. For three months patients with renal failure in Dnipropetrovsk are provided with regular blood purification (hemodialysis).
Important logistical assistance in preparing humanitarian mission was given by representative of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs and other international partner organizations. Delivery of goods was carried out by a team of experts of the Department of humanitarian aid by the Swiss Embassy in Ukraine and Swiss Cooperation Office.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars