Struggle in eastern Ukraine intensifies: militants attack with tanks
Russian-backed militants targeted ten settlements in Donbas, violating Minsk agreements
The situation in the eastern Ukraine continues to deteriorate, reports the ATO press center. The number of attacks against Ukrainian positions grew to twenty.
In Donetsk direction Russian-backed rebels used tanks, amphibious infantry fighting vehicles BMP-2, grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms, as said in the report. Avdiivka was shelled for six times, Pisky faced armed attacked for three times. Government troops near Verkhniotoretske, Krasnohorivka, Opytne were under the gun of the militants.
In Luhansk region, they target government forces with grenade launchers and small arms near Shchastia. The press service also informs that a sniper worked in Shyrokyne, Mariupol direction. Starting from 18.00 militants shelled Ukrainian forces near Mayorsk, Zaitseve, and Shumy, Artemivsk direction, using heavy machine guns and small arms.
The number of wounded and killed is not reported yet.
Ukrainian military unilaterally adhere to Minsk agreement, emphasizes the ATO press center. Recalling, the weekend in Luhansk area remained calm.
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain