Street in Vodyane town destroyed by artillery of Russian militants
Over 700 shells hit the town in Donetsk region on October 12 through 14
The town of Vodyane (Mariupol sector, Donetsk region) took heavy shelling by Russia-backed militants; an entire street was devastated as a result of the attacks. The Ukrainian military reported that on Monday.
The illegal armed units opened fire from 122 mm and 152 mm artillery, as well as 120 mm mortars.
‘Over 700 mines and shells hit the streets of Vodyane over just two days; six residential houses were completely destroyed, 10 more were badly damaged. Power lines were wrecked, too. A local 78-year-old woman was wounded; she was evacuated and taken to Mariupol hospital’, the military’s report says.
The attacks were officially documented; the relevant papers and images were sent to OSCE SMM in Donbas.
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas