Story of Illovaisk trap: when 13,000 Russian soldiers invaded Ukraine
On the investigation of the tragic battle for Illovaisk – military prosecutor
13,000 Russian soldiers where located near Illovaisk in Donetsk region in August 2014, where Ukrainian ATO forces suffered serious losses, informed Anatoliy Matios in an interview to “Channel 5”.
“Illovaisk strory was investigated, experts were drawn in. In the process of investigation we found out that three groups of task forces, containing over 13,000 soldiers entered the territory of Ukraine”, - stated Matios.
He mentioned that Il-76 was investigated, the case is sent to court and there is a public hearing on this case: “Only court can give an answer to the questions whether prosecution’s suspicions are based on reality, whether we can blame it on a particular military official of the General Staff.”
On August 18, 2014 Ukrainian troops occupied the biggest part of Illovaisk. But after Russian regular forces were dispatched on location on August 23-24, Ukrainian soldiers were surrounded. On August 29 Russian President Vladimir Putin addressed militants and called for creation of humanitarian corridor for withdrawal of Ukrainian troops. On August 30 ATO forces began to leave the city but militants fired at them. Ministry of Defense informed that 108 Ukrainian soldiers died in Illovaisk, hundreds were wounded and captured. According to verified data of military prosecution 366 Ukrainian soldiers died and 429 were wounded in Illovaisk trap.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars