Steinmeier: We support Minsk-2 deal
Today in New York German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier hopes to gain support of UN Security Council to settle Donbas war
German Foreign Ministry counts on UN support in implementation of Minsk deals in the settlement of Donbas armed conflict, reports Ukrinform.
“Together with our French colleagues we are still inclined to support Minsk deals and Normandy Four format and, thus, I count on support of UN Security Council”, - it is said in Steinmeier’s speech script.
Foreign Minister reminded about the “invaluable help” of OSCE in Donbas and that without OSCE Special Monitoring Mission “we wouldn’t have reached progress in de-escalation of conflict and withdrawal of weapons”.
Steimeier expressed “deep concern” about the fact that violations of ceasefire regime in Donbas are still being observed and militants limit access of OSCE SMM to some object in the territory.
German Foreign Minister is “strongly convinced” that implementation of Minsk-2 is “the only way to a solid political settlement”.
He also pointed out that Russian aggression in Ukraine “brought the chaos of war to the heart of Europe, violating key items of international law”.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas