Steinmeier: I’m disappointed with Normandy Four negotiations
According to Steinmeier Ukraine and Russia are unable to reach understanding
Foreign Minister of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier says he doesn’t conceal his disappointment with Normandy Four negotiation in Paris, he informed the journalists after the negotiation was finished, reports Ukrinform.
“Frankly speaking, we can be satisfied neither with the state of affairs, nor with today’s negotiation”, - Steinmeier commented.
Steinmeier is disappointed that Ukraine and Russia can reach understanding on neither of the German-French initiatives. According to the Minister, “sometimes there’s an impression that Moscow and Kyiv disregard how serious the situation really is and that implementing Minsk deals is vital. We risk losing legitimacy and authority of our efforts”.
The Minister pointed out that “mini-steps” on the way to settle the conflict are not enough and encourages the parties to come to a compromise.
Steinmeier believes that there is a real threat of military and political escalation, which would undermine all further efforts to implement Minsk deals. According to Steinmeier, election in Donbas can help provide progress in this matter and it cannot be postponed.
Yesterday, on March 3, Foreign Ministers of Ukraine, Germany, France and Russia held a meeting in Paris in order to reach progress in Donbas conflict.
Klimkin: Russia tries to tear Europe appart 12 October, 17:33
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars